SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS (SEN) POLICY
This policy includes the processes identified to respond to students with SEND and also meets the statutory reporting regulations of the SEN Information Report. It complies with Section 19 of the Children and Families Act 2014.
It is written with reference to inclusive education under:
- SEND Code of Practice 0 – 25
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014
- Equality Act 2010: advice for schools DfE
- The Children and Families Act 2014
- Articles 7 and 24 of the United Nations Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- School Admissions Code of Practice
- Statutory Guidance on Supporting pupils at school with medical conditions
- The National Curriculum in England framework document
- Safeguarding Policy
- Accessibility Plan
- Teachers Standards 2012
This policy has been created by the SENDCO, in liaison with SLT (School Leadership Team), all staff and parents of students with SEND.
The person responsible for co-ordinating the provision of education for students with SEN at the school is the SENDCO, Mrs R Bernstein who can be contacted either by telephone on 020 8049 1899 ext.: 2008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org